Privacy and GDPR, we don’t make any business with your personal datas even if we may appear old school. When you buy offline or book via the app, we cover our costs and pay salaries to our passionate staff and you allow us to continue the journey 🙂
- Introduction and General Terms
- Who are we ?
- What information will Do Tours collect about me ?
- How will Do Tours use the information it collects about me ?
- Your Do Tours account
- When will Do Tours contact me ?
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes ?
- Will Do Tours share my personal information with anyone else ?
- Offensive or inappropriate content on Do Tours websites
- How long will Do Tours keep my information ?
- Can I delete my data ?
- Can I find out what personal information Do Tours holds about me ?
- What if I am accessing Do Tours websites and app outside the EU ?
- Web browser cookies
- Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting
- Apps and devices
- Changes to Do Tours Privacy & cookies Policy
- Other Do Tours Operations
- Keeping your information safe
- Your rights on your personal data processing
Do Tours is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using Do Tours services. We want our services to be safe and useful environments for our audience. This Privacy & cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following online services:
- Any Do Tours website that links to this Privacy & cookies Policy
- Social media or official Do Tours content on other websites
- Apple and Android Mobile devices
- Web site contact form
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, chatbot, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the full range of Do Tours services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy & cookies Policy explains the following:
- What information Do Tours may collect about you
- How Do Tours will use information we collect about you
- When Do Tours may use your details to contact you
- Whether Do Tours will disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us
Do Tours is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy & cookies Policy as the “data protection laws”). No website can be completely secure; if you have any concerns that your Do Tours account could have been compromised e.g. someone could have discovered your password, please get in touch straight away.
Do Tours is a French-headquartered and high-value services company whose positioning consists in helping entreprises of any size to capitalize as much as possible on their data patrimony without compromising the integrity, the confidentiality and the security of individuals personal data.
Our online services
Our global website www.Do-Tours.com,
Our mobile apps under Do Tours editor’s name on both apple and android stores
Other companies might reference Do Tours-branded services. These companies must operate to Do Tours standards but please make sure you always check the Privacy & cookies Policy of the websites you use so you know who runs the website and how they will use your data.
When we refer to ‘’we’’ or ‘’our’’ or ‘’Do Tours’’ we are referring to all Do Tours branches, subsidiaries, activities in the world.
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Do Tours’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, web and mobile notifications, telephone or text Do Tours, book tickets for a Do Tours event or create an account using Do Tours’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of Do Tours services (such as what you read or watch on Do Tours Online, items you have “added” or bought when signed in to your Do Tours account).
Where we provide personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your facebook Twitter or LinkedIn feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Some of our services enable you to sign-in via a third party service, such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third party app, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow Do Tours to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible). Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by Do Tours
Do Tours will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- All collected informations will be exclusively dedicated to better your travel experience by providing you the relevant contents within the 150 000 points of interests accordingly to your preferences within the app or through our newsletters. From one destination to another, we may suggest you the top20 to visit accordingly to the type of monuments, restaurants or shows you visited in a previous destination. We want to become your favorite travelcompanion and personal butler.
- You will never be contacted by any third part as your loyalty is important to us.
- Where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance we will propose you collaborative and private forums where some special contents of interests will be distributed. If you are signed-in or subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters, or disable personalisation. Please visit Your Account in Using Do Tours to find out more
- To provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from France or the EU or not
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by Do Tours
- We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes
- The data collected by Do Tours won’t be shared with partners we are working with : Lafourchette, com, ticketmaster, groupon, ceetiz, therefore pay attention to their conditions when you need to create an account based on their policy
- The chatbot uses artificial intelligence to identify and understand your preferences while you navigate in the app and thanks to your geolocation about what you visit. This helps our chatbot to select within the 150 000 points of interest of our database the more relevant elements for your satisfaction. You can at any time modify the criterias and preferences within the app in your profile.
Where Do Tours proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. Please see section 18 below for details.
Do Tours will always ensure that the personal data we may have on you is up-to-date. For this we will contact you on a regular basis to ask you to validate the data you’ve entered on any of our websites, mobile app or online services while registering.
If you have registered for a Do Tours account this will also allow you to login to Do Tours website for your location and some other Do Tours websites and apps.
You might be asked to use your Do Tours account on other Do Tours services to enable you to sign in and seamlessly enjoy Do Tours services. For example, you need a Do Tours account to be able to create and use an account for accessing a new Do Tours knowledge sharing application. Creating an account enables you to memorize your visits, share with friends your favorites, being advised accordingly to your tastes of spots to visit, keep and check your to-visit list. This gives you a better experience by enabling you to watch your purchased programmes in Do Tours iPlayer.
To enable this functionality, some information needs to be shared between the different parts of Do Tours that are providing you with a service. So, if you have a Do Tours global account, your registration details will be shared between Do Tours legal entities.
Creating a Do Tours account doesn’t mean you won’t have to create an account in our partner’s environment. In fact as we collaborate with Ceetiz for local activities, Lafourchette for restaurants booking, Groupon for deals, booking.com for hotel facilities, Ticketmaster for shows ticketing, you may be required to create an account with them as well. We are not responsible for those partners, please check each time carefully their policy.
Your Do Tours account will always be covered by the policies of its website and mobile apps. But, please be aware that additional policies may apply if your Do Tours account is linked to another account. For example a specific account to access specific services.
Since you may use our service once a year, we keep your informations for 3 years to help you finding from one trip to the following accurate contents related to your preferences.
Do Tours may contact you:
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Do Tours can deliver the services to you, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for a Do Tours account, or to help you reset your password or to check if you still want to use the service (if your account is dormant)
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Do Tours products or services
- In relation to any personalised services you are using
- In relation to any contribution you have submitted to Do Tours, e.g. on Do Tours message boards or via text or voicemail message
- To invite you to participate in surveys about Do Tours services (participation is always voluntary)
- To update you on any material changes to Do Tours’s policies and practices
Local pages will give you detailed information about how Do Tours will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
We will never contact you to ask for your Do Tours account password, or other login information. Please be cautious if you receive any emails or calls from people asking for this information and claiming to be from Do Tours.
Do Tours will only send you emails or contact you on Do Tours platforms where you have agreed to this. We may personnalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of Do Tours platforms.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant content from Do Tours internally or various possible third party sites (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, dedicated professional social networks or forums). This could involve showing you a message where we know you have a Do Tours account and have used Do Tours products and services. If you want to stop all personalised services from Do Tours, including targeted messages on third party sites you can visit Your Account in Using Do Tours and disable personalisation there.
We will keep your information within Do Tours except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons) or as described in this section and section 9.
Generally, we will use your information within Do Tours and will only share it outside Do Tours where you have requested it or given your consent when any obvious need is shown
We may share your personal information internally (i.e. with other Do Tours divisions), for example, we share some personal data associated with specific professional interests or content to better tailor our services to you and your enterprise.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Do Tours websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on any Do Tours service, Do Tours may use your personal information to stop such behavior.
Where Do Tours reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Do Tours may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behavior.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Do Tours. If you delete your Do Tours account then your personal information is deleted immediately, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes. For further information about deleting your Do Tours account, please see section 11 below.
If you have not used your Do Tours account in the last three years then your account may be classed as dormant or may even have been deleted in line with our Privacy & cookies Policy. We will email to remind you before deletion so please check your inbox regularly to see if we have sent you any emails about this.
You can always delete your Do Tours account. Find out how to delete your account here.
As explained in section 10 above, deleting your Do Tours account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used Do Tours will be made anonymous.
Deleting your Do Tours account will not delete the data you shared with Do Tours for reasons that are not connected with your Do Tours account. For example, if you apply for Do Tours Shows, Tours & Take Part, we will keep your data so that we can manage that service and tell you about future shows you might like (if you have asked to be kept updated).
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Do Tours holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files, in such a case, please email dataprotection@Monument-Tracker.com.
We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
- Current vehicle registration document
- Bank statement (from last 3 months)
- Rent book (from last 3 months)
Do Tours website is international (Monument-Tracker.com), it is made available to international users accessing the website from outside the EU, by Do Tours ‘s commercial subsidiaries. All personal information submitted by users outside France or the EU will be processed in accordance with this Privacy & cookies Policy (and any local terms that apply to certain areas of the site). Where there is a conflict, the local terms will apply.
- a) What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Do Tours website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On Do Tours websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. It also helps us recognise when you are signed in to your Do Tours account and to provide a more personalised experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our education pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight educational information on your second and subsequent visits. Do Tours uses this type of information to help improve the services it provides to its users.
- b) Third party cookies in embedded content on Do Tours pages
Please note that during your visits to Do Tours websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to Do Tours or Do Tours’s contractors.
To support our constant will to improve our degree of excellence, we sometimes embed content from social media and other third party websites. These may include YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn…As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites and these third party cookies may track your use of Do Tours website. Do Tours does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Do Tours website. However, you can find out about changing your cookie settings here.
Where Do Tours embeds content from social media and other third party websites, some websites may use Google Analytics to collect data about user behavior for their own purposes. Do Tours does not control this. For more information, see the Google webpage “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”.
- c) Do Tours cookies and how to reject cookies
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of some features of Do Tours services, and we might not be able to provide some features you have previously chosen to receive.
- d) Other information collected from web browsers
Your web browser may also provide Do Tours with information about your device, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to Do Tours Online and this may be captured by performance cookies.
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests.
When you download or use Do Tours apps on your mobile device, information may be accessed from or stored to your device. Most often this is used in a similar way to a web browser cookie, such as by enabling the app to ‘remember’ you or provide you with the content you have requested.
Your web browser or device may also provide Do Tours with information about your device, such as a device identifier or IP address. Device identifiers may be collected automatically, such as the device ID, IP address, MAC address, IMEI number and app ID (a unique identifier relating to the particular copy of the app you are running).
If you have any concerns about the information which might be accessed from or stored on your device by Do Tours, you may wish to only access Do Tours content through a web browser and review your web browser settings.
This Privacy & cookies Policy may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to Do Tours. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use Do Tours websites to submit personal information to Do Tours. You can also delete your Do Tours account at any time – please see section 11 for details. If material changes are made to the Privacy & cookies Policy, for instance affecting how we would like to use your personal information, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Privacy & cookies Policy changes).
Some areas, such as Do Tours charity appeals have their own Privacy & cookies Policy which you should also read before submitting your personal information.
In relation to Do Tours Worldwide, this Privacy & cookies Policy only applies to its use of data collected via the international version of Do Tours website, Monument-Tracker.com, which is accessed by users from outside the France and EU.
We will take all steps we deem to be reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy & cookies Policy. We seek to ensure that we keep your personal data accurate and up to date. However, you are responsible for informing us of any changes to your personal data and other information (such as a change in contact details).
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us electronically, and any transmission is at your own risk. We store information you provide to us on secure servers and deploy appropriate technical and organisational security measures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data to try to prevent unauthorised access or loss
You may revoke your consent to the processing of your data at any time by sending an email to dataprotection@Monument-Tracker.com. You may ask us at any time for information about any personal data we hold about you, or ask us to correct or delete that information.
Any changes we may make to our Privacy & cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and where appropriate notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy & cookies Policy.
Hereafter the rights you own regarding your personal data we may process:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
As mentioned in Section 12 we need proofs of identity to proceed according to your request. Some of those rights fulfillments are subjects to some additional conditions and conformity with the law.
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy & cookies Policy please contact:
4 allée des cormorans